[PVE-User] Release date of 2.0 - and updating to it from beta?

Tue Jan 24 13:39:26 CET 2012

Hello Martin,

On 2012-01-24 14:01, Martin Maurer wrote:

 > I understand that everybody wants to know a fixed release date. We
plan the stable release end of Q1/2012, this means at the latest end of
March. If anything changes, I will update the roadmap in our wiki pages.

Ok, thank you for this information.

 > Upgrading from beta should be possible, but running a beta in
production is not recommended, that's why we call it beta.

You made a point :-)

How about using a 1.x-final now and upgrading to 2.0-final later -  is
there a possibility to upgrade to 2.0-final and is this a recommended
procedure for a productive system? Or are the changes from 1.x to 2.x
too significant so that an installation from scratch is necessary?

Thanks
Tom