[PVE-User] Access disk space from multiple VMs. Is that possible?
Tom H. Lautenbacher
mailinglists at tom.lautenbacher.biz
Tue Jan 24 12:58:55 CET 2012
Hello Proxmox users,
is it possible to have disk space on a Proxmox server that is accessible
from multiple VMs?
Here is an example of what I want to do:
1 Server, having a 8-disk-RAID6 on a 3ware 9650SE-8LPML controller. On
this RAID volume lives Proxmox and:
- "Diskspace A" with some terrabyte of diskspace
- VM1: Samba Fileserver (not holding any own data but serving the data
on "Diskspace A")
- VM2: FTP Server (not holding any own data but serving the data on
- VM3: HTTP Server (not holding any own data but serving the data on
All three VMs should have full read/write access to "Diskspace A" and be
able to access "Diskspace A" simultaneously without interfering each other.
- Is this possible?
- Are there any limitations?
- is this a good thing to do
- how would I do it?
I am glad for any peace of information, help, hints, etc..
More information about the pve-user