[PVE-User] Proxmox 2.0 vm migration from offline node

Giovanni Toraldo me at gionn.net
Tue Feb 28 21:21:00 CET 2012

Hi Dietmar,

2012/2/28 Dietmar Maurer <dietmar at proxmox.com>:
> You can only migrate if the node is online.

This is quite disappointing, since I am using a shared storage
(GlusterFS): if a node crash, I would be able to float the VM
configuration on another node and be able to restart them.

I've not tried yet, but I saw that under /etc/pve I can find the VM
.conf, and maybe it will be sufficient to move around the
configuration to the folder of another node to actually migrate the
configuration and be able to restart the instance (without
reconfiguring it).

On the other hand, I've successfully configured and tested IPMI over
LAN fencing on a two Sun Fire X2270 M2 HA cluster, and it works great!
I had only one problem when trying to start for the first time
rgmanager, since
http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Two-Node_High_Availability_Cluster isn't
clear enough about explicitly enabling fencing on all nodes (via
FENCE_JOIN="yes" in /etc/default/redhat-cluster-pve) as reported in
the generic (>3 nodes) cluster documentation page
(http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Fencing#Enable_fencing_on_all_nodes).

Keep up the good work!

--
Giovanni Toraldo