[PVE-User] vzdump.conf settings not taken into account

Luca Fornasari luca.fornasari at upprovider.it
Tue Feb 21 17:33:19 CET 2012

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [PVE-User] vzdump.conf settings not taken into account
From: Martin Maurer <martin at proxmox.com>
To: pve-user at pve.proxmox.com <pve-user at pve.proxmox.com>
CC:
Date: 02/21/2012 11:14 AM

As an example: I was doing backups on an external box using NFS and no
gzip compression; 1Gbit/sec ethernet link. The external box was running
linux and software based RAID5 on cheap SATA disks. When the NFS daemon
on the external box was in D state because the SATA disks were slow
(atsar was showing 100% utilization) a *random* KVM virtual machine (on
top of LVM) on the node was going on D state as well.

So I had to decrease bandwidth in vzdump.conf

What was not making sense to me is: why a slowness on the destination
disks was decreasing performances on the source disk?

Any ideas ?

Best Regards,
Luca