[PVE-User] Manual failover in two node cluster with DRBD

Maciej Sawicki viroos.pl at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 17:23:54 CET 2012

Hi,
I would like co crate simple proxmox 2 cluster, but I would prefer manual
recover in case of failover. I managed to configure 2 nodes proxmox cluster
with DRBD and test live migration. But I wonder if it's possible to
recreate machine on 2 node when node one fails.

I have two ideas:
1. doing this using kvm tools - but I'm not sure how its configured on
proxmox and I found out that virsh is not installed and it's conflicts with
proxmox. also due to luck of quorum I wasn't able to create new machine.
But even if I solved quorum problems I would have to find out how to
replace new vm machine disk to old one.

2. I see that fenced provides fence_ack_manual maybe I can use this feature
to manually force failover? How my /etc/pve/cluster.conf should look in
this case?

regards,
Maciej Sawicki