[PVE-User] vzdump.conf settings not taken into account

Martin Maurer martin at proxmox.com
Tue Feb 21 09:50:08 CET 2012

Hi,

You cannot increase the speed just with this setting - as your environment performance is below the specified vzdump limit you do not see any result.
Use 5000 and you will see that its slower.

To get a faster system, find the bottleneck in your IO. A good start is using a fast hardware raid controller - your fsyncs/sec are much too low, you should get 1000 or higher here.

Btw, you software packages are outdated, upgrade to latest.

Martin