[PVE-User] Proxmox VE 2.0 rc1 released!

Alain Péan alain.pean at lpp.polytechnique.fr
Mon Feb 20 17:03:48 CET 2012

Hi Michael,

I understand better now, and I tried also to add another AD account
using first AD user with role 'Administrator. It failed too.

I think you are right with the mod_auth_ldap, perhaps what I did was
overkill...

Alain

Le 20/02/2012 16:35, Gusek, Michael a écrit :
> Hello Alain,
>
> I did'nt setup setup samba or kerbereos. I think there is no need for this, because I can successfully add AD-users with user root, and I can login with this users. I can't add new AD-user's with an AD-User logged in. Perhaps I miss-configured something or there is a problem with rights, or something else. For authentication against Active Directory you don't need samba in any cases. With mod_auth_ldap for example apache can authenticate against AD, perhaps proxmox used the same technical ?
>
> Michael

Alain Péan - LPP/CNRS
Administrateur Système/Réseau
Laboratoire de Physique des Plasmas - UMR 7648
Observatoire de Saint-Maur
4, av de Neptune, Bat. A
94100 Saint-Maur des Fossés
Tel : 01-45-11-42-39 - Fax : 01-48-89-44-33