[PVE-User] Proxmox VE 2.0 rc1 released!

Alain Péan alain.pean at lpp.polytechnique.fr
Sat Feb 18 22:09:42 CET 2012

Hi Martin,

I tried what you show in your sceenshot, but still have the same error.
Precisely, I filled the Realm and Domain with :
Realm : test-lpp
Domain : test-lpp.local

But I still have :
Parameter verification failed. (400)
*realm*: invalid format - invalid cofiguration ID 'test-lpp'
/

/
test-lpp is clearly a correct dns domain name. See for example :
http://help.websiteos.com/support/valid_characters_and_length_for_a_domain_name.htm

Could it be that an incorrect validation test discards wrongly this
string, due to the hyphen (-) in the middle ?

I can add that this AD domain is working perfectly, and that I joined
successfully other linux boxes to this domain, and even can authenticate
users against this AD domain...

Alain