[PVE-User] Proxmox VE 2.0 rc1 released!

Alain Péan alain.pean at lpp.polytechnique.fr
Fri Feb 17 18:02:03 CET 2012

Hi Dietmar,

Thanks for the release, and congratulations for the hard work to
implement all the features in the roadmap !

I updated my test cluster, and all went smoothly, but I did not had time
to do much tests. I would like to test AD and
Proxmox authentication.

Now, it makes sense to try to complete the migration scripts from 1.9 to
2.0. In my opinion, only if it appears too risky (lot of different
configurations existing (with or without shared storages, DRDB, KVM or
OpenVZ etc...), woud it be preferable to work on a 1.10 release with
squeeze first, then further refine the migrations script to upgrade from
1.10 to 2.0.

When the migration scripts will be ready, I plan to reiinstall my PVE
2.0 RC test cluster to 1.9 (or 1.10...), then test the upgrade path.

All the best,
Alain

Le 16/02/2012 16:24, Martin Maurer a écrit :
> Hi all!
>
> We just uploaded the first release candidate of Proxmox VE 2.0 (new ISO and also updated the repository). Just run "aptitude update&&  aptitude full-upgrade" to update from a previous beta, same as always.
>
> This version can be upgraded to upcoming 2.0 releases including the stable release without problems. It's also the first 2.0 release which is based on a stable Kernel.
>
> (Upgrading from 1.9 to 2.0 is not yet supported but will be possible via upgrade script.)
>
> A big Thank-you to our active community for all feedback, testing, bug reporting and patch submissions.
>
> New Features
>
> - Role based user- and permission management for all objects (VM´s, storages, nodes, etc.)
>
> - Support for multiple authentication sources
>      Microsoft Active Directory
>      LDAP
>      Linux PAM
>      Proxmox VE internal authentication
>
> - New Kernel, based on vzkernel-2.6.32-042stab049.6.src.rpm
>
> - vzdump uses now LZO compression by default (faster)
>
> - Countless bug fixes
>
> Overview
> http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Roadmap#Roadmap_for_2.x
>
> Documentation (work in progress)
> http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Category:Proxmox_VE_2.0
>
> Video Tutorials
> http://www.youtube.com/proxmoxve
>
> Get involved (incl. links to the public git repository and bugzilla bugtracker):
> http://www.proxmox.com/products/proxmox-ve/get-involved
>
> Proxmox VE 2.0 beta/rc forum
> http://forum.proxmox.com
>
> Download
> http://www.proxmox.com/downloads/pro.../17-iso-images
>
> Happy testing, waiting for feedback!
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Martin Maurer
>
> martin at proxmox.com
> http://www.proxmox.com

Alain Péan - LPP/CNRS
Administrateur Système/Réseau
Laboratoire de Physique des Plasmas - UMR 7648
Observatoire de Saint-Maur
4, av de Neptune, Bat. A
94100 Saint-Maur des Fossés
Tel : 01-45-11-42-39 - Fax : 01-48-89-44-33