[PVE-User] vncterm special setup with proxmox/openvz

Timh B timh at shiwebs.net
Thu Feb 16 15:54:31 CET 2012

Hi again,

I figured it out and it was my fault for not reading the source properly,
if anyone else would like to rebuild the vncterm application, make sure
you hav the "console-data" package installed and that you do "make
genfont" and "make glyphs.h" before you run "make" and "make install". It
was the "glyphs.h" file that made my screen blank, but now I know.

So, an addition to the readme-file would be;

Compilation & Installation
- required packages:
  * build-essential
  * sun-java6-jdk
  * libvncserver-dev
  * console-data

Unpack source; cd to source-dir
# make genfont
# make glyphs.h

If you wish to "self-sign" the VncViewer.jar package you must create a new
keystore;
# keytool -genkey -alias <ALIAS> -keypass <PASSWORD> -keystore <PATH>

Then edit the Makefile and insert your path in the "KEYSTORE=" variable,
remember to change the <ALIAS> under the "VncViewer.jar:" section of the
Makefile (Line 33ish).

# make
# sudo make install

Enjoy!

//T

On Thu, February 16, 2012 11:19, Dietmar Maurer wrote:
>> Ah, thanks, I didn't try that (duh!), and no it does not work, so I
>> guess the
>> vncterm application or environment of the bounce-machine is the culprit.
>> What
>> could it be? Any environment variables or missing applications etc?
>
> I have no idea what you do there. I suggest you install proxmox VE fist
> and test if it
> work there (should work). Then you can try to find out what different in
> your environment.
>
> - Dietmar

-- Timh