[PVE-User] online backup

Tonci Stipičević tonci at suma-informatika.hr
Tue Feb 7 15:36:24 CET 2012

Best regards to all

I would like to report very strange and unreliable online-backup
behavior in my case.
Like I asked in the  mail (mail below) today  I could not achieve the
latest pve configuration , maybe this is the reason of this unstable
behavior. 2.6.32-4  is the master kernel.

So whenever I set backup up I'm never sure whtere it will start or not.
Sometimes it starts and sometimes it does not.
Regulary nightly backup is of big importance for me but I still cannot
make it work.

I allways use snapshot because my VMs are placed on the LVM shared
storage (netapp iscsi) and the backup folder is also a netapp-nfs share.

where can I check what was the reason the backup did not start.

Any hints/help would be very appreciated

thank you in advance and

/srdačan pozdrav / best regards/

Tonči Stipičević
/direktor / manager/**

**

d.o.o.

ltd.

*podrška / upravljanje
**IT*/sustavima za male i srednje tvrtke/

/Small & Medium Business
/*IT*//*support / management*

Badalićeva 27 / 10000 Zagreb / Hrvatska – Croatia

url: www.suma-informatika.hr
mob: +385 91 1234003
fax: +385 1  5560007