[PVE-User] Remove a Node completely

Mykel at mWare.ca Mykel at mWare.ca
Sun Dec 30 09:31:02 CET 2012

On 12-12-30 01:08, Dietmar Maurer wrote:
>> Never power it on again, remove all data on it (e.g. reinstall).
>> Is there any intention of improving that? It's awfully drastic to go back to
>> bare iron,
> An new install takes 2 minutes here.

It's not 2 minutes over IPMI with remote storage, if that's even viable.

Just because it only takes two minutes to do the work doesn't mean it's
academic.
It only takes a minute to install RAM too, however I'm sure you'd agree
in a remote datacenter that's not necessarily the case.

This is also ignoring the possibility of needing to migrate VMs on the
node as well - which is much more involved in a non-clustered state.

Is there no direct answer to my query then?

Myke