[PVE-User] OpenVZ Container Migration

Alan Boudreault aboudreault at mapgears.com
Fri Dec 21 23:26:56 CET 2012

Hi,

What are the constraints to be able to migrate a vz container to another
node? My cluster work perfectly. I have 2 nodes with a local
(/var/lib/vz) storage. However, it looks like I can't do a live
miration. I can't even do a offline migration. Here's the error I got:

Dec 21 17:24:00 ERROR: migration aborted (duration 00:00:00): can't
determine assigned storage

I would have though that pvectl migrate do the something similar than
vzmigrate? Also, when I try to use vzmigrate directly, I got this error:

scp: /etc/vz/conf/304.conf: File exists (when the file doesn't exist on
the remote node)

Thanks,
Alan

--