[PVE-User] OpenVZ containers migration to Proxmox

Alan Boudreault aboudreault at mapgears.com
Thu Dec 13 17:42:35 CET 2012

Hi,

I have some old servers that I need to upgrade. Those are running Ubuntu
Hardy with the openvz kernel. I'm going to use Proxmox for my new setup.
My question is, can a VZ running on a standard machine (no proxmox) be
migrated easily to my new proxmox host? Is there any constraint I should
know about? ie. simple migration vs live migration etc ? Otherwise, is
it something I will have to do manually? (rsync + Proxmox import/loading
somehow)

Thanks,
Alan
--