[PVE-User] "Processing triggers for pve-manager" after installing unrelated packages

Flavio Stanchina flavio.stanchina at ies.it
Mon Dec 10 15:11:15 CET 2012

pve-manager registers the entire /usr/share/perl5 directory as a
trigger. Isn't it a bit too broad? I just installed a completely
unrelated package (syslinux, for the record) which brought in a Perl
library and triggered a restart of pvedaemon, pvestatd and apache2.

Yes, I know a PVE server should be treated mostly like an appliance and
I should avoid installing arbitrary, unsupported packages, and the
restart doesn't seem to have any ill effects anyway, yet this seems a
bit overkill.

--
Flavio Stanchina
Informatica e Servizi