[PVE-User] 2.0: a matter of taste

Phil Stoneman pws at corefiling.co.uk
Mon Oct 24 12:42:42 CEST 2011

On 24/10/11 10:32, Patryk Benderz wrote:
> [cut]
>> And a big difference to almost all competitors: no single point of failure, due to pmxcfs.
> Could you elaborate particularly what are you referring to, when
> speaking of "single point of failure"?

Specifically, most other virtualisation platforms require you to have
shared storage backed onto a SAN, and/or require a single machine to
'control' the cluster.

Avoiding this tends to require that you buy two SANs and configure them
to replicate between each other, and tends to require that you
virtualise the 'control' machine and make that highly available too.

 From what I've read, proxmox will tend to make no
single-point-of-failure virtualisation platforms easier to deploy
without buying vast quantities of enterprise-grade equipment.

Phil