[PVE-User] 2.0: a matter of taste

Martin Maurer martin at proxmox.com
Tue Oct 18 17:24:46 CEST 2011

[Martin Maurer]
Thanks for feedback. We also got a quite improved cluster aware CLI environment. You can browse all objects and do everything on the console. So if you do not like the GUI, just use the CLI. All is done via the api.

But I am pretty sure that you will start loving the new gui as soon as you see it in real use cases. Just think of the cluster wide task logs which is really cool. That means, you can see on any NODE all tasks running from all nods. E.g. If a user starts a backup job on nodeA you see this running task on nodeB. Additonally, the old interface was just not designed for hundreds of VM´s, the new design is capable to handle this with ease. The extjs framework is quite cool already, but it's also getting better and faster with each release.

And a big difference to almost all competitors: no single point of failure, due to pmxcfs. And no need to configure a huge management server with database (like vcenter or similar), introducing extra complexity and costs. Just a short reply,

Martin