[PVE-User] Proxmox 2.0 beta first impressions

Eneko Lacunza elacunza at binovo.es
Fri Oct 14 17:38:33 CEST 2011

Hi all,

We've just installed Proxmox 2.0 beta for some testing; these are our
first impressions:

- Interface resembles too much VMWare ESX (?)

- Interface feels slower than Promox 1.x, which we think already felt
quite slow. (Tested with Chrome)

- The overview of the cluster isn't as clear as in 1.x right now. It
seems to me that the ordering of the tabs and the hierarchy of the new
windows is not clear yet.

- We didn't manage to set up an ACL to give access to a single machine
for a user, using pvesh; probably it is our fault, no being able to find
the right documentation?

Overall we think that the backend might be superior to 1.x but currently
UI is in alpha state.

Kind regards
Eneko

--