[PVE-User] openvpn + kvm (or openvz)

jgr notmyfirsttry001 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 11:43:38 CEST 2011

Hi,

I've been trying to get openvpn to work in either a container or a kvm
vm. Neither worked. I am able to get openvpn up and connecting but then
"nothing happens", i.e nothing gets through to the default gw (via
openvpn).

I've followed every guide I could get.

My setup:

PVE BOX (bridge1 (no ip, just bridges eth1)) -- (internet)
KVM/openvz connected to bridge1

I get a public ip in the vm's from the bridge but when openvpn has
connected that default route doesn't work.

Somehow I suspect I have to configure the bridge on the PVE host to
allow the openvpn traffic through, but thats just my guess.

Any suggestions is very appreciated.