[PVE-User] I thought Proxmox VE was free?

Robert Brockway robert at timetraveller.org
Tue Oct 11 03:59:33 CEST 2011

On Mon, 10 Oct 2011, obj at jltechinc.com wrote:

> Or it would be great if you could come on-board and represent Proxmox. That
> would go a long way in resolving this as well as grabbing the attention of
> the 1.5 million IT professionals.
>
> It's amazing how many people view OpenSource as inferior!

It's pretty funny when you consider that the FOSS is the backbone of
modern computing.  An early implementation of the TCP/IP network stack was
licensed under the BSD license which allowed it to be ported to an
enormous number of systems.

The world's largest FOSS project is the Internet.

And then there is all of the other FOSS code that commercial software
directly relies on (PERL anyone?).

Cheers,

Rob

--