[PVE-User] I thought Proxmox VE was free?

Alain Péan alain.pean at lpp.polytechnique.fr
Mon Oct 10 17:35:11 CEST 2011

Le 10/10/2011 17:29, obj at jltechinc.com a écrit :
> Explain this first line:
>
>     A Proxmox VE Server Subscription is valid for 12 months (12 months
>     from purchase date). *All Proxmox VE servers inside your
>     organization need a valid subscription.*

This is simple, it is the same Policy as Red Hat Entreprise. You could
buy a support subscription for one server, and asks support questions
for several.

As Proxmox ve is free, you can install it on any number of servers you
own. But you can't pay for a one server support when you have hundred of
them.

I think Proxmox guys will confirm this.

Alain

Alain Péan - LPP/CNRS
Administrateur Système/Réseau
Laboratoire de Physique des Plasmas - UMR 7648
Observatoire de Saint-Maur
4, av de Neptune, Bat. A
94100 Saint-Maur des Fossés
Tel : 01-45-11-42-39 - Fax : 01-48-89-44-33