[PVE-User] Can I change default port from 8006 to 443?

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Wed Oct 5 17:34:59 CEST 2011

> On 10/05/2011 11:01 AM, Dietmar Maurer wrote:
> >> Why can't you change the existing files? ports.conf is designed to be
> >> used for exactly this purpose - that's why the debian team broke it
> >> out of the main httpd.conf file.
> >
> > It is designed to be changed by the 'users' (not by another package)!
>
> We're talking about this in the context of a user clicking something in a web UI
> and thus machine a change by selecting "listen on these other ports", right? How
> is this not a user making a change?

What is if I find a better solution in 2 months? It is impossible to roll out my better solution
if the user modified those file. Or how should that work?

Normally it is best to have everything in /etc/apache2/conf.d/myconf or /etc/apache2/sites-available/mystite.conf,
and let the package update those files. That way you can roll out changes.

- Dietmar