[PVE-User] WG: Severe error w. posibility of data loss

Holger Ernst he at ernstdatenmedien.de
Mon Nov 28 11:28:04 CET 2011

Hi Flavio,

Proxmox as such is not unaware that there is another virtual disk
partition! It sees it clearly (and it can easily determine which
partition is assigned to any of his vm's and which is not). And then it
brutally deletes everything fitting its naming pattern. I would not call
this nice behaviour.
And what makes me shake my head is seeing the effort to convince me of
the fact that "one should not do this". A fraction of time would have
been needed to fix that deleting routine.

Best regards, Holger

On 23/11/2011 12:16, Holger Ernst wrote:
> two research/test departments using independent proxmox hosts and a
single
> storage pool. Just one example. Unaware users is another.

 From the LVM FAQ:
http://tldp.org/HOWTO/LVM-HOWTO/sharinglvm1.html

If you are unaware of someone else using the same resource, how can you
coordinate access?

--
Flavio Stanchina

-- Henry Spencer