[PVE-User] OpenVZ container on LVM

Michał Szamocki mszamocki at cirrus.pl
Sat Nov 26 19:19:09 CET 2011

Hey James,

----- Oryginalna wiadomość -----
> Od: "James Mills" <james.mills at overthewire.com.au>
> Do: "Michał Szamocki" <mszamocki at cirrus.pl>
> DW: "proxmoxve (pve-user at pve.proxmox.com)" <pve-user at pve.proxmox.com>
> Wysłane: piątek, 25 listopad 2011 10:03:55
> Temat: Re: [PVE-User] OpenVZ container on LVM
>
> Hey Michal,
>
> Could you provide mire details about your setup?
> I'm wanting it do seething similar!

My company builds Proxmox clusters with pairs of hardware servers. Each server has ethernet card and hard drive intended for DRBD. We create physical volume (LVM) on DRBD which we divide into logical volume each for one CT (just like described here: http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/DRBD).

We use vzctl and pvectl wrappers (attached) which does everything. To make it working you should replace all vzctl calls with wrapper script (/etc/init.d/vz, /usr/lib/vzctl/scripts/initd-functions, /usr/share/perl5/PVE/ConfigServer.pm). One more thing is to move drbd init script to right start/stop position:
update-rc.d -f drbd remove
update-rc.d -f drbd defaults 19 70

Do write if you have any question or adjustments.

Michał Szamocki
Cirrus