[PVE-User] drbd network interfacename

Julian D. Seifert spam at julian-seifert.de
Thu Nov 24 13:23:27 CET 2011

Hi list,

I have a fairly basic question. In short after an upgrade from Proxmox
1.8 -> 1.9 our drbd network interface got renamed to drbd0 and I can't
find the udev rule or whatever caused this.

We used a custom name for the interface prior to the upgrade "drbdlink".
After the upgrade on a reboot the following happened:

Nov 23 23:36:10 vpsnode01-rz kernel: udev: renamed network interface
eth3 to drbdlink
Nov 23 23:36:10 vpsnode01-rz kernel: udev: renamed network interface
drbdlink to drbd0

In /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules I can only see our own rule
defining drbdlink as name.
Is there any other place proxmox might mangle with interface names?
(We use a drbd block device as storage for the Ovz Containers)

vpsnode01-rz(the proxmox 1.9 host)

|DRBD Block| < - - - - drbdlink interface - - - - > other host

We experienced the same thing on both hosts.

I'm thankful for any hints/advices on that, I'm not even sure IF it is
related to proxmox or to debian itself.

regards,

  Julian Seifert