[PVE-User] Severe error w. posibility of data loss

Holger Ernst he at ernstdatenmedien.de
Wed Nov 23 12:09:25 CET 2011

Hi Dietmar,

I do not know of any technical reason why this would not work. Do you
have a hint?
I know you SHOULDN'T do that and possibly it is no good practice.
(Though I think a shared media should be shareable...)
But you CAN do so without any warning except the standard delete dialog
and that seems to be the problem.

WHy not implement a short warning while creating a vm that disks for
that id are already in existance on that storage?
Or only delete those images who are already used by that machine
(mentioned in the <id>.conf)?
Or use extended naming convention?

It would be little efford to make Proxmox more perfect.

Best regards, Holger

Sorry, but you can't use shared ISCSI across unclustered nodes - that
will never work  and we will not support that.

- Dietmar