[PVE-User] Proxmox VE 2.0 beta2 released!

Alain Péan alain.pean at lpp.polytechnique.fr
Fri Nov 18 17:11:14 CET 2011

Le 18/11/2011 16:23, Alain Péan a écrit :
> Le 18/11/2011 15:59, Alain Péan a écrit :

>>> Hi Martin,
>>>
>>> It was in fact an error. The VM is indeed started. But the start
>>> button is not greyed out. This was misleading me.
>>>
>>> No, I have no PCI passthrough for this VM.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Alain
>>>

>> Hi again,
>>
>> The machine is started, I see it in console windows. But I have
>> problems to access it, which are different under Firefox or IE (I am
>> using win 7 64 bit SP1).
>>
>> My version of Firefox is 8. It does not display the state of the VM.
>> IE 9 is displaying correctly the state (VM name, CPU used etc...).
>> But under IE9, I have no access no console tab, but a 'monitor' tab,
>> I can't access it, this message is displayed : "Type 'help' for
>> help."...
>>
>> Under Firefox 8, I cannot send CAD, I have again the error :
>> "Method 'PUT /api2/extjs/nodes/lx-ape3/qemu/101/status' not
>> implemented (501)"
>>
>> So I cannot access my VM by console, and not remotely either (it's a
>> test VM and host).
>>
>> Perhaps, I'll try to install Chrome to test with it.
>>
>> Alain
>>
> Update :
>
> I tried under Linux (Ubuntu 10.04 32 bit Desktop), with Firefox
> 3.6.23. Summary is displayed correctly, but I have the same problem
> than with IE9, the monitor tab is not working....
>
> Alain

So, I got it almost completly working with Chrome, under Win 7 64 bit. I
can right click the VM and open console. I have nothing useless under
Firefox 8. But the problem I had is that inside console the keyboard
layout is some sort of Qwerty, but not US standard type, perhaps austrian ?

With a little research, I succeeded to update the virtio-net driver to
the latest version (it was why it did not worked previously), then
accessed the VM via Remote Desktop, to have a decent Azerty keyboard.

So, I think there are still some improvements that must be made to
support correctly all web browsers versions.

Alain

Alain Péan - LPP/CNRS
Administrateur Système/Réseau
Laboratoire de Physique des Plasmas - UMR 7648
Observatoire de Saint-Maur
4, av de Neptune, Bat. A
94100 Saint-Maur des Fossés
Tel : 01-45-11-42-39 - Fax : 01-48-89-44-33