[PVE-User] Proxmox in DMZ

lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de
Fri Nov 18 13:32:07 CET 2011

Hello

we are testing Proxmox and would like to get some Input about securing
the HW Node. We like to limit ssh, the webinterface and deny the rest
with ip(6)tables which should be trouble free. What i'm unsure is

- Would this break anything from Proxmox point of view?

- What ports/connections/directions would be needed for clustering
with a server outside the DMZ?

- Is it possible to install our own SSL/TLS certificate instead the
self created?

There will be no NFS used on this node so maybe it would be save to
turn off portmapper/statd?

Many Thanks

Andreas