[PVE-User] WG: Win2003 SBS Migration with Clonezilla

Holger Ernst he at ernstdatenmedien.de
Wed Nov 9 14:19:37 CET 2011

Hi Sascha,

You can change IDE to virtio in the Proxmox-GUI after you have installed
the virtio driver in windows. I first create a dummy vdisk using virtio
interface, then boot with system disk (untouched) and dummy, then
install drivers and make sure dummy can be accessed. Then delete dummy
and switch system disk to virtio. This is my paranoid way...

Regards Holger

P.S. Make sure you have the newest virtio driver disk.

------------------------------
Hi list,
just managed to workout a migration of a physical win2003 to KVM-VM
using the Clonezilla-method.
I used IDE-Bus for the created virtual Harddisk.
Now i really would like to know if there's an easy way to convert the
the IDE to Virtio, as it is often said, this is the better choice for
Windows.
Or should i just leave it to IDE, because the performance gain isn't
this significant?

Thanks
Sascha