[PVE-User] ProxmoxVE 2 - sheepdog working?

Muhammad Yousuf Khan sirtcp at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 21:36:26 CET 2011

 sorry for asking newbie , but with reference to the email trail i thought
asking in new thread it would be a good idea to ask it here.can any one
tell me what are the key benefits of sheepdog. actually i read an small
article about it. its a distributed storage. it divides a image in to fix
size objects and place them on diffrent nodes. as per my understading VM
images is stored in peaces on distributed nodes. but what is the benefit
here. actually what i see according to the following article is that if one
node goes down then whole VM is going to crash. secondly i dont see any
thing  improved other then disk IO (correct me if i am wrong) but how high
avaiability works in speed dog.

http://www.linux-kvm.com/content/sheepdog-distributed-storage-management-qemukvm