[PVE-User] Proxmox hangs on reboot after install

Neil Aggarwal neil at JAMMConsulting.com
Fri Mar 25 15:40:38 CET 2011

Hello all:

I have a server which is located in a data center.
I am using an IPMI card to access it.
I mounted the ISO image as a virtual disk and
was able to successfully install Proxmox on my server.

I have two SATA disks, sda is smaller than sdb so I
installed Proxmox on sdb.

After the install completed, I disconnected the
virtual disk and rebooted the server.

The server hangs while booting. The screen comes up
black with a blinking cursor.  The cursor moves down
one line and then it hangs.  There is no info presented
on the screen.

Any ideas what is happening or how to diagnose it?

Thanks,
	Neil

--
Neil Aggarwal, (281)846-8957, http://UnmeteredVPS.net/centos
Virtual private server with CentOS 5.5 preinstalled