[PVE-User] QOS on Proxmox bridge

Lars Wilke l.wilke at it-betrieb.de
Mon Mar 14 12:56:04 CET 2011

* Tony Zakula wrote:
> [...]
> Thanks, I am thinking mostly just iptables stuff.  Firewalling the
> hardware nodes and bandwidth controls.

I do this here with shorewall. So far no problems with the networking.
I normally use two or more bridges, one on the external and (at least) one for
the internal zone. The internal zone is used by the VMs. If these need
access to the world, they get it via port forwarding, NAT or proxy arp.

Works well, just be restrictive from the beginning.

cheers
   --lars

--
ITB IT-Betrieb GmbH
Theodorstr. 41p
info at it-betrieb.de

Geschäftsführung: Janis Exner, Lars Wilke
Registergericht: Hamburg
Registernummer: HRB 105842
UST-ID: DE261193615