[PVE-User] Extending Logical Volume on host, but not in the guest

Germain Maurice germain.maurice at linkfluence.net
Thu Mar 3 20:02:26 CET 2011

Obviously, i stopped the VM before doing the lvextend and started it after.

Actually, i found where was the problem, i have a 5 nodes cluster my VM
is on node 2
and i did the lvextend on node 1.
I played with "lvchange --refresh /dev/SAS/vm-300-disk-1" on node 2 and
the "blockdev --getsize64 /dev/SAS/vm-300-disk-1" returned the new size.
So i expect lvextend does a "lvchange --refresh" right after the extending.

The problem is that other PVE nodes don't take account about this
extending, maybe after a migration "lvchange --refresh" is done, i don't
tried it yet.

Thanks everybody for your quick answers.