[PVE-User] Recommended CPU and Ram

Giovanni Toraldo gt at libersoft.it
Wed Mar 2 12:23:15 CET 2011

Il 02/03/2011 12:18, Patryk Benderz ha scritto:
> Dnia 2011-03-01, wto o godzinie 13:30 -0600, Tony Zakula pisze:
>> Wow, found on the KVM site that they recommend one GB of Ram be
>> reserved for the host.
> 1 GB? Looks enormously lot! But if they say so. If this is not
> production system, than you can always make tests, what is the smallest
> amount of CPU time or RAM  that Guest will still work reasonably.

That's probably a recommended requirement so the system has a reasonable
chunk of free memory to have some buffers/cache for disk I/O or for
making backups, without swapping as hell.

However, kvm is good because it run happily on any commodity hardware of
your choice, you shouldn't worry so much.

Bye.

--
Giovanni Toraldo
http://www.libersoft.it/