[PVE-User] number of processor ???

Fabien Bagard fabien.bagard at parrot.com
Tue Mar 1 12:13:40 CET 2011

Hi,

Your processors supports Hyperthreading technology. Maybe this is
activated in your mother board's BIOS ?

Hyperthreading allows one core to act as 2.

So with 2 x 4 cores which supports HT, you see 2 x ( 4 x 2 ) = 16 cores

On 03/01/2011 12:06 PM, manuel rodriguez wrote:
> hello I have a server with two Intel Xeon E5520 quad core and the
> interface Proxmox he told me that I have 16 Intel Xeon E5520 comprand I
> do not really I should see 8??
>
> SOMEBODY to say please
>
> thank you

Fabien Bagard
IT Department
tel + 33 (0)1 48 03 60 40

Parrot SA
174, Quai de Jemmapes | 75010 Paris - France
tel + 33 (0)1 48 03 60 60 | fax + 33 (0)1 48 03 70 08
http://www.parrot.com

This e-mail message and any attached document(s) are for the sole use of
the intended recipient(s)and may contain confidential and legally
privileged information.
Any unauthorized review, copy, use and/or disclosure is prohibited.
reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original.