[PVE-User] Problems with 1.8

Martin Maurer martin at proxmox.com
Mon Jun 20 11:15:52 CEST 2011

[Martin Maurer]
See the detailed release notes of 1.8. http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Roadmap#Proxmox_VE_1.8
Cache=none seems to work best for most of our users. The upcoming V 2.0 will allow to sets the cache settings on the gui for each disk. for the 1.x series you need to specify the setting in the /etc/qemu-server/VMID.conf file.

> there be disadvantages by using "cache=writethrough" ?

[Martin Maurer]
Performance is not as expected on some hosts. Check the man pages of KVM ('man kvm') about the different modes.

Martin