[PVE-User] Legacy free PC / USB keyboard problem

Stefan Sänger stsaenger at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 16 11:18:34 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I'm running into a weird problem here. I am using a legacy free PC
system (Intel DQ35JO, Core2Quad Q8300, 8GB RAM) and installation hangs.

I am able to use the connected USB keyboard to enter BIOS, and of course
I can use the keyboard after a system is booted up. But pve installation
hangs just when the bootloader is waiting for an input to boot up - the
keyboard then is just dead.

I already searched forum and wiki, but the only solution I could find
there was to plug in a PS/2 keyboard. Since the system has no PS/2
connectors, that won't work for me :(

Any ideas how to install pve there?

Stefan