[PVE-User] VM issue when Backup over NAS,

Muhammad Yousuf Khan sirtcp at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 13:48:41 CEST 2011

Openfiler : 2.99
NAS LAN : 1GB (through put is 25% i don't know why, at least acceptable)
RAM :4gb

Proxmox : 1.8
Quadcore : 2.66
Ram : 8GB
Proxmox LAN : 1G

I am using Openfiler as a NAS box. and using NFS and ISCSI both as a
storage medium. but i have noticed one thing when i backup a VM on NFS and
also copy a huge file inside Running VM which is hosted on ISCSI on same
openfiler box. My VM get stuck. i can move the copy window in running VM but
can not close task bar or copy window. until the backup task of a VM gets
finishes then copy inside VM continue and VM gets usable.

how can i over come that issue. for instance if i run backup backup of my
data which is inside VM it will again HANG and thing may unavailable to
users during backup which is not an option
any help?

Thanks you
MYK