[PVE-User] Proxmox extended to support the Lustre high-performance filesystem

Paul Gray gray at cs.uni.edu
Fri Jun 3 17:07:59 CEST 2011

On 06/03/2011 09:27 AM, Patryk Benderz wrote:
> Dnia 2011-06-01, śro o godzinie 21:08 -0500, Paul Gray pisze:
>> As a proof of concept (and just for the fun of it), we've implemented
>> support for the high-performance filesystem, Lustre, in Proxmox at our
>> institution.  A small demonstration of live migration with a Debian VM
>> whose root filesystem is supported over a distributed lustre
> Useful. Any chance live migration might be included proxmox GUI? Not
> necessarily on Lustre FS. Dietmar?

Thanks Patryk,

Yes - the Proxmox GUI's existing support for migration was extended to
support adding lustre storage, migration over lustre and all other
features that made sense to support within the GUI.

The screencast at http://dragon.cs.uni.edu/flash/proxmoxluster.html
shows migration from the command line because I'm just more comfortable
at the prompt.

If you (or anyone) would like a screencast posted showing the extended
GUI attributes with migration and lustre filesystem storage
manipulation, I can post one within a few hours.  Let me know off-list.

--
Paul Gray                                         -o)
314 East Gym                                      /\\