[PVE-User] How to limit bandwidth for a VM or KVM?

Bruce B bruceb444 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 18:12:02 CEST 2011

Hi everyone,

Is there any easy way to limit bandwidth for a VM or KVM from the main
Proxmox server? I don't have access to the VM or the KVM and let's say I
don't even know if it's running Windows or Linux.

Is there an EASY way to traffic shape a VM or KVM? Does anyone have detailed
and insightful guides?

I am not good with tc so just referring me to it might not cut it for me.

I wish there was something on the GUI that could allow for this. Maybe as a
feature for future? I am willing to post a bounty of $50 for that feature.

Regards,