[PVE-User] Installer does not work with keyboard?

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Wed Jan 12 18:49:51 CET 2011

I tried the PVE 1.7 installer today, but was having problems with the
mouse.  This is via a "remote console" and there's apparently some sort of
issue where when I click the mouse button the mouse moves to the upper left
corner of the screen.

But I couldn't use the keyboard to do the install, it looks like a
problem with the installer holding the focus in the license text box.
<tab> doesn't take me to the different page elements, and while the "g"
in "I agree" has a line under it, I can't press Alt-g, ditto with Alt-A
for "Abort".

I can get feedback that the keyboard is working by getting some of the
license text highlighted (while I can't use the mouse to click the button,
it will often click in the text field as the cursor is racing up to the
left corner, which selects some text from the text box), and then I can use
the keyboard to scroll around in this license text box.  But tab, alt-g and
alt-a continue to do nothing.

In fact, it looks like the "I agree" button is focused (there's the dashed
line around the inside of the button), but <space> doesn't select it.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Sean
--
 "The phrase ``ship it!'' is one with long and deep resonances in my
 benighted and antiquated big-software-dept career." -- John Shipman, 1998