[PVE-User] Offering my help
julien at cornuwel.net
Sat Feb 26 17:31:51 CET 2011
I'm a VMware Certified Professionnal and my clients often ask me about
open source alternatives. I'd like to tell them there are. But the
truth is we are lagging behind. I mean, we have the building bricks
(hypervisor), but we lack the automation and enterprise features that
would make my clients consider the alternatives.
This was true until I discovered Proxmox. The project is not yet a
vSphere-killer, but it is the most advanced in that direction. So, I'd
like to contribute.
- I tried to download the sources from ftp://pve.proxmox.com (found
here : http://forum.proxmox.com/archive/index.php/t-389.html), without
success. Is the server down or are the sources stored elsewhere ?
- Also, what is the prefered contribution medium ? Patches ? Direct
commit to the repository (which I couldn't find either) ?
- Is Proxmox a perl-only project ? Or do you accept other languages ?
What I'd like to work on is :
- Shared storage (NFS) for OpenVZ containers
- High Availability for OpenVZ container (the VMware way : just
restart containers when their host goes down)
More information about the pve-user