[PVE-User] CPU soft lookup

Lars Wilke l.wilke at it-betrieb.de
Mon Feb 28 15:31:35 CET 2011

* Robert Fantini wrote:
>    this sort of a shot in the dark, but have you tried using the 2.6.18-5
>    kernel?
>    check the forums at proxmox and openvz for more info.
>    for us not using 2.6.18-5 caused containers which could not shutdown ,
>    hung backup processes etc.

Hm, i remember having problems with 2.6.32 and OpenVZ Containers myself and
switching back to 2.6.18. This was probably half a year ago. But here i use
KVM exclusively. I initially started with 2.6.18 and switched to 2.6.32.
Seeing better performance while doing so. I guess before going back to 2.6.18,
i would first try 2.6.35 :)

thanks
   --lars