[PVE-User] FreeNAS template?

Gilles Mocellin gilles.mocellin at free.fr
Sat Aug 20 22:44:28 CEST 2011

Le 20/08/2011 21:58, Bruce B a écrit :
> Hi everyone,
>
> I don't know if it's the OpenVZ wiki or me but I can't find any
> FreeNAS OpenVZ image. Are there any other "repositories" (if you call
> it that) for OpenVZ templates out there on the internet that are
> reliable? I am looking for FreeNAS to be used with a Windows Server
> and I don't want to do a KVM for FreeNAS as it a waste of resources.
>
> Thanks

FreeNAS is based on FreeBSD.
OpenVZ is a Linux Container environement, all containers use the same
*Linux* kernel.
FreeNAS can't work in OpenVZ.

Openfiler is Linux based and similar in functionality to FreeNAS. You
could perhaps find OpenVZ template of it.

If you really want FreeNAS, you can install it in a KVM virtual machine.