[PVE-User] 2 questions about upgrading

Shain Miley SMiley at npr.org
Wed Aug 3 22:55:15 CEST 2011

I have two questions concerning upgrading both a host node and a Debian VM.

First, we are running a 1.5 cluster and i would like to upgrade to 1.8.  I was under the impression that a reboot of the host node was required when you upgrade, however I upgraded one host to 1.8, did not reboot and everything seems fine, so I am wondering if this is supported.  Clearly it would be great if I could upgrade Proxmox with out vm interruption.

Second, I did a dist-upgrade on a Debian 5 vm to upgrade it to Debian 6, however after the upgrade /etc/issues still shows the server as Debian 5.0.  I am trying to figure out if there is anything else I need to do...or if this is somehow the expected behavior.

ps...I can't wait to see what ver 2.0 has in store!

Thanks,

Shain