[PVE-User] Ubuntu KVM password reset - ESCAPE doesn't work

Bruce B bruceb444 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 20:59:44 CEST 2011

Hi Everyone,

I have just lost my Ubuntu 10.04 password which is running as KVM on
Proxmox.

As per guidelines, I am trying to get into grub using the ESCAPE key but
that doesn't work for me. When I press ESCAPE at the start-up the loading
process shows the Ubuntu splash page "Loading............" and then when I
press again it just shows the processes loading. I am wondering if ESCAPE
key even goes through properly.

I would very much appreciate it if you can give me some input on this.

Regards,