[PVE-User] openvz iptables

Luis Díaz diazluis2007 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 15:23:41 CEST 2011

openvz iptables

I have read but not understand the issue.

mention my general doubt waiting for a concrete explanation, with specific
instructions ;)!

I have N number of virtual server (OpenVZ)
some visible only to the company
and other visible to the outside .. (web pages and connecting via ssh)

wonder .. vps to create the graphical interface Proxmox, they are safe? (use
 Template"debian 6" Basic)

I have read many websites that making a modification in
/ etc / vz / vz.conf
specifically:
IPTABLES = "ipt_REJECT ipt_recent ipt_owner ipt_REDIRECT ipt_tos ipt_TOS
ipt_LOG ip_conntrack
ipt_multiport ipt_limit iptable_filter iptable_mangle ipt_TCPMSS ipt_tcpmss
ipt_ttlipt_length ipt_state ip_nat_ftp iptable_nat "

can apply to each VPS iptables ..

this means that after modifying the file
I can run the following command from the vps?: apt-get install iptables

I worry about security ..
install only the basics (not even need ftp, mail, etc)
to strengthen the security of ssh I installed fail2ban

if this is not well understood .. may be because my language is Spanish and
use googleto translate .. sorry for the inconvenience

Greetings!

Díaz Luis
http://www.facebook.com/diazluis2007
User Linux 532223