[PVE-User] Fwd: Problem with LVM - lvremove command - deadlock ? - version : 2.6.32-4-pve #1 SMP Wed Dec 15 14:04:31 CET 2010 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Hugo Letemplier hugo.let.35 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 17:18:10 CEST 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Hugo Letemplier <hugo.let.35 at gmail.com>
Date: 2011/4/7
Subject: Re: [PVE-User] Problem with LVM - lvremove command - deadlock
? - version : 2.6.32-4-pve #1 SMP Wed Dec 15 14:04:31 CET 2010 x86_64
GNU/Linux
To: Martin Maurer <martin at proxmox.com>

I have done a new test. It worked without any problem all the night
with a sleep time about 10 seconds.
I think that lvremove and/or kpartx send commands to another process
that lock the next command of my script and lvremove might lock this
command too.

I will wait a little time before upgrading my configuration to the new
kernel. If someone have an idea about the origin of the problem  or
the same bug that would be nice.

Thanks, I will post if I find something new

Hugo

2011/4/7 Martin Maurer <martin at proxmox.com>:
> Based on the subject you are testing with an old kernel, so I suggest first that you work/try with the latest.
> pve-kernel-2.6.32-4-pve: 2.6.32-32
>
> br, martin

Hi

I have done a new test.
I upgraded the kernel to the new package pve-kernel-2.6.32-4-pve:
2.6.32-32. It seems to take much time to create and remove the
snapshots.
If I use the commands directly; It's always stable but it goes more
slowly. If I add a sleep between the commands, it goes faster but not
as much as before. It seems like the two commands are concurrent.
I launched a test for the night that will make and remove snapshot
with important disk activity on the VM that is snapshoted.

The new kernel package seems better ! That's fine.
More results tomorrow

Thanks

Hugo