[PVE-User] Problems with 1.8

Giovanni Toraldo gt at libersoft.it
Tue Apr 5 12:51:51 CEST 2011

Il 05/04/2011 11:43, Gusek, Michael ha scritto:
> Changing to ide has no effect. I'm running kernel 2.6.35-1-pve how can I change to bpo kernel ? Is it save with proxmox ?

When you change to ide you need to adjust grub kernel parameter, did you
changed root=/dev/vdaN to root=/dev/hdaN?

bpo kernel inside guests (which would give updated virtio drivers), not
on proxmox host! (maybe isn't too easy to install a new kernel when VM
actually aren't booting)

If even with ide root mounting fails, it's probably something broken in
your host storage configuration, not qemu-kvm or proxmox related.

--
Giovanni Toraldo
http://www.libersoft.it/