[PVE-User] Problems with 1.8

Gusek, Michael Michael.Gusek at vanguard-healthcare.com
Tue Apr 5 11:28:05 CEST 2011

Hi,

here are some new informations.

I have 5 LVM Volume Groups data0 - data4. Each of them comes from a SAN, connected via a QLogic QLE2460 Fibre Channel HBA. The server in question is a IBM x3650, there is no software raid. I've created a virtual Host with 5 disks from data0 - data4, booting Debian Lenny Rescue CD. When I enter "fdisk /dev/vd[a-e]" I get "Unable to read /dev/vda" or vdb and so on. When I create a local virtual disk, everything works fine. Under the proxmox Host I can do anything (fdisk, format) with the Logical volume from my virtual host. Therefore I assume the LVM-Stuff seems to be ok, except inside the virtual machine. Please remember, when I migrate the virtual machine to another proxmox-node, everything works fine.

These packages has been upgraded:
ksm-control-daemon libsmbclient libwbclient0 proxmox-ve-2.6.32 pve-firmware pve-kernel-2.6.32-4-pve pve-manager pve-qemu-kvm qemu-server samba-common smbclient smbfs vzdump

This is my sources.list:

deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian lenny main contrib
# PVE packages provided by proxmox.com
deb http://download.proxmox.com/debian lenny pve